Smoothies are a must-have in my house; I love them, my kids love them, and it’s a great way for me to sneak some veggies and fruit into everyone! Plus it’s Summer, and smoothies are a great way to cool down.
I hate taking vitamins and rarely actually eat the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables in a day, and some days I’m just too darn busy to make sure I’m getting enough protein, so I’m a big fan of vegan chocolate Shakeology. This past month I ordered tropical strawberry because it sounded a little more Summery, but I still had a little bit of vegan chocolate leftover. After a full month it finally occurred to me: WHY NOT MIX THEM?! And BOOM, chocolate covered smoothies were born. This is a recipe you absolutely must try. My 2 year old and I finished our smoothies in less than 5 minutes flat, it was that good! And hey, maybe add some fresh/frozen strawberries and/or a banana! I didn’t have any in the house today, otherwise I would have!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie Recipe:
1. Pour 8oz of cold water in your blender.
2. Add 4-5 ice cubes (depending on the size of your ice tray and how thick you like your smoothies).
3. Add 3/4 scoop vegan chocolate Shakeology.
4. Add 1/4 scoop tropical strawberry Shakeology (also vegan).
5. Add one green container baby spinach.
6. Blend until smooth (about 1 minute).